Gallego for Arizona seeks a talented, organized, innovative individual to join our growing digital operation. The Social Media Manager will produce core social media content across Twitter, Facebook, Threads, Tik Tok, Instagram, and more, and own our digital content calendar across all digital channels.
We are looking for someone with strong communication skills, attention to detail, who is a responsive, passionate and determined worker with a creative approach to identifying online opportunities, and who has experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires accurate work on tight deadlines.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Reports to: Digital Director
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Starting at $5,000/month, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Eligible for medical, dental, vision health plans at no premium
Hours: This position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the campaign and point in the cycle, and will require evening and weekend work over the course of the election cycle.
- Manage the Gallego for Arizona online presence to engage supporters and grow our following, including relevant day-to-day content creation.
- Write compelling, creative, engaging copy for all social media channels that tells Ruben Gallego’s story and captures his voice.
- Work with the Digital Content Manager to develop a content strategy and calendar that supports the overall campaign goals.
- Develop rapid response content to amplify the overall campaign message.
- Assist with gathering assets at campaign events including taking photos, capturing video, and sharing live social media updates.
- Develop reports to keep campaign leadership apprised of key metrics and to optimize messaging and tactics.
- Monitor and provide updates on social media throughout the day.
- Other duties as needed and assigned within and outside of the digital department
- 1-2 years of experience managing social media platforms for a candidate, organization, or brand.
- Experience writing, editing, and proofing social media content that drives action and maintains a consistent voice.
- Eagerness to explore new platforms and technologies to support campaign goals.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to thrive under pressure and with competing deadlines.
- Willingness to work long hours and irregular campaign hours, including nights and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to a vehicle.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience on a campaign.
- Proficiency in photography and audio/video editing is a plus.
- Arizona roots
Interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com with “[NAME]:Social Media Manager” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Gallego for Arizona is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion among its staff. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply and will hire based on qualifications of the candidate without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status.
First Focus on Children
National Employment Law Project
American Humanist Association