Location: California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington
Focus, Scope, & Impact
- Support execution of state and local government relations strategies in partnership with bottlers, industry and TCCC Public Policy and Federal Government Relations and Sustainability teams. Help identify legislative proposals, industry trends and emerging issues that could impact business performance or Company reputation.
- Develop, cultivate, and strengthen mutually beneficial relationships and coalitions with elected officials, NGOs, industry groups and other key external stakeholders. Represent the company at industry meetings and conferences and other external functions.
- Support the continual assessment, knowledge, and guidance of state and local sustainability policy priorities and how they align with the Coca-Cola System sustainability goals. Work to understand, support and advance local sustainability initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Help develop and deliver key messages to external stakeholders in consultation with the Public Policy and Federal Government Relations and Strategic Communications teams. Ensure internal stakeholders are briefed and prepared for any interaction with government officials. Ensure digital stakeholder management system is current and effectively maintained.
- Help localize and execute broader strategic communications initiatives, and work in close alignment with the community engagement plans developed by the Stakeholder & Social Impact Management team and bottling partners to effectively maximize impact.
- Support routines and updates that ensure internal stakeholders are educated and aware of policy, legislative or reputational trends and developments that may impact business performance and/or Company reputation.
- Work as part of a high performing team with a collaborative and agile mindset and models our leadership behaviors. Internally, demonstrates ease in navigating a matrix system and continually develops and nurtures partnerships that facilitate the successful execution of our strategies. Externally, builds trust and influence with stakeholders as a knowledgeable and reliable advocate of the Coca-Cola system.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally in state and local government affairs, including state legislation, state policy development, and/or political and issue campaigns, as well as communications, stakeholder management and sustainability.
- Ability to analyze complex business and regulatory issues, manage divergent stakeholders and bring together multiple concepts across functions to help define the long-term government relations strategy for the business.
- The role leads communication regularly with key internal and/or external parties and is responsible for sharing information, influencing, and negotiating with key parties and stakeholders with shared and opposing interests.
- This role works with bottling partners in the following states: California, Hawaii, Nevada, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
Base Salary: $138,000 to $158,000
Base pay offered may vary depending on geography, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position, are offered.
Our Purpose And Growth Culture
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
National Employment Law Project
ACT | The App Association
American Nuclear Society (ANS)