Senior Associate, Media Relations
SIFMA currently has an open position for a Senior Associate, Media Relations. The Senior Associate, Media Relations will report to the Vice President, Public Affairs and be an integral part of the larger Communications team.
- Develop communications strategies and produce content (press releases, media briefings, talking points, fact sheets, blogs, draft scripts, and production manage podcasts and videos) to support a portfolio of issues. This may include international, retail client, senior investor protection, research releases and economic forecast, compliance & legal, DEI and ESG.
- Establish relationships with media from target publications who cover these issues. Coordinate media requests for interviews with staff advisors. Expect to both proactively pitch stories to media and to respond to incoming media inquiries, with sensitivity to meeting deadlines. Coordinate closely with team members to ensure connectivity and information flow across the group.
- Develop remarks and discussion guides for SIFMA executives speaking at conferences and events within the above portfolio of issues. Draft remarks and introductions for SIFMA member firm speakers at select conferences.
- Draft media advisories and pitch media to attend SIFMA conferences across all issue areas. Register media, coordinate media briefings with staff advisors and subject matter experts to support SIFMA positions on key industry issues. Coordinate with member firms’ communications departments when a member firm representative is speaking at a SIFMA conference. Coordinate social/digital content to amplify SIFMA messages during conferences as well as amplify SIFMA member firm messages.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 -5 years of experience working in public relations, media relations, corporate affairs, or equivalent.
- Adaptable and opportunistic with an ability to effectively seek out and creatively communicate through a variety of communications vehicles;
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with senior executives;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Team player with great instincts.
SIFMA is the leading trade association for broker-dealers, investment banks and asset managers operating in the U.S. and global capital markets. On behalf of our industry's one million employees, we advocate on legislation, regulation and business policy affecting retail and institutional investors, equity and fixed income markets and related products and services. We serve as an industry coordinating body to promote fair and orderly markets, informed regulatory compliance, and efficient market operations and resiliency. We also provide a forum for industry policy and professional development. SIFMA, with offices in New York and Washington, D.C., is the U.S. regional member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA).
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Eligible to work remotely (up to 2 days per week)
- Mobile Subsidy
- Commuter Subsidy
How to apply:
SIFMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages interested individuals to apply.
ACT | The App Association
National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City (NAMI-NYC)
Office of Congressman Brian Mast