Manager, Federal Affairs
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
About the role:
Robinhood is looking to hire a senior professional to join our team as Manager, Federal Affairs. This role will focus on federal advocacy and government affairs related to legislative and regulatory matters, and will report to our Deputy General Counsel of Litigation, Regulatory Enforcement & Investigations, and Government & Regulatory Affairs. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and contribute to our mission to democratize finance for all.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Working on federal government relations with a primary focus on US Congress
- Facilitating participation in industry associations
- Navigating complex policy and regulatory frameworks to design innovative financial products and services
- Monitoring legislation and agency and SRO policy and regulatory developments
- Developing partnerships to help drive policy efforts
- Facilitating policy conversations and long-term partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Developing content to drive advocacy and engagement with Congress, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders
- 8+ years of public policy experience
- Substantial experience working for a member of Congress or a Congressional committee
- Experience with financial services companies
- Existing relationships and positive rapport with relevant government stakeholders and industry groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; extraordinary ability to communicate information effectively internally and externally and to drive cross-functional alignment and action
- Execution oriented attitude with the humility, drive, and creativity to get things done
- Experience working with broker-dealers and/or Fintech companies
- Significant experience engaging with or working for one or more federal or state financial services regulators
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- J.D. degree
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
DC Council - Office of Ward 3 Councilmember Matt Frumin
ACT | The App Association
Private Equity Stakeholder Project