Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Ecosystem Security & Integrity (ESI) is a Global Risk group that is tasked with the role of upholding the security and integrity of the payment ecosystem through the interdiction of illegal and fraudulent activity. This is achieved through the deployment of risk quality control and/or compliance programs. The programs are deployed through Visa Rules and additional client guidelines and Visa performs quality control leveraging proprietary tools, specialized third party vendors, regional risk teams, and other stakeholders. ESI also works with internal and external stakeholders to further its charter and initiatives.
The key accountability of the Director, Program Management will manage the overall design and deployment of the Visa Integrity Risk Program, which specifically addresses merchant activities that have a heightened risk of illegal or fraudulent activity. The position provides analytical and operational support to ensure policies, programs, and tools work together to help identify and respond to emerging risks across the payment ecosystem. The Director, Program Management will plan and drive varied projects and programs to ensure the program design and operationalization of policies, procedures, and controls are achieved according to timelines and goals.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance Visa’s Integrity Risk Program (VIRP)
- Prepare and maintain all related Visa Rules, Policies and Procedures Partner with Visa Finance/Pricing to ensure the Integrity Risk Programs are supported by appropriate pricing & fee strategies that drive desired risk outcomes
- Develop and maintain project plans and perform critical path risk analyses to anticipate and address execution risk to ensure programs are delivered to timelines
- Develop and maintain roadmap for program lifecycle and medium-term planning
- Effectively achieve KRI goals by scoping problems, designing solutions, identifying risks, remove roadblocks, and implement solutions at scale from inception to completion stage.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (Credit Settlement, Government Engagement, Operations, Case Investigations, Acquirer Controls, Data Science, Policy, Communications, etc.) to drive projects that advance security and integrity (e.g., improve operational processes, implement policy changes, pilot new detection models)
- Work closely with Legal on periodic regulatory landscape scanning as well as analysis of enforcement actions, and drive required updates or changes to the Program
- Engage with legal, investor relations, external regulators, policy makers, industry partners and advocacy groups to support the development of policies, putting in place controls that reduce unlawful activity and improve the safety and integrity of the payment ecosystem
- Partner with corporate communications, legal and other internal and external stakeholders to develop narratives and engagement and communications strategy for various organizations impacting emerging risks, safety and integrity
- Engage on regular basis with Regional Risk teams, and designated VIRP functional leads to ensure consistent program execution, but also to obtain feedback and input on further program enhancements
- Develop and support the deployment of external and internal training and communication material
- Help implementing governance and oversight of program management, including design and maintenance
- Provide input to the Management Information Systems (MIS)/Analytics team to build-out required program MIS, KRIs and overall reporting packs
- Partner and collaborate closely with Government Engagement, Communications, and other areas to help develop an engagement strategy on advocacy groups active on topics that relate to the Integrity Risk Programs.
- Provide input into the design of the Visa Integrity Risk Program tools, analytic models and platforms, working with MIS, Visa Research and Technology
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 6+ years of experience
- Strong Visa or Payments industry experience with focus on risk products & services, risk programs or related domains
- Strong ability to connect the dots and design solutions that require deployment and/or buy-in across a larger group of stakeholders
- Self-starter who can communicate with a deep understanding of the company needs and enable people to move forward through complexity
- Strong experience driving programs, projects and collaborating in large, matrixed organizations
- Experience with Executive Reporting
- A clear record of strategic thinking, sound judgment and superior problem solving in the area of trust, safety and security
- Flexible and creative thinker with strong execution skills, generate out-of-the-box solutions, manage ambiguity, anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives and able to move seamlessly from high level concepts to details
- Proven project management skills and experience (e.g. certifications a plus).
- Strong experience with project planning software & tools (e.g. MS Project, Kanban sprints, critical path method analyses, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to structure, synthesize and deliver content on complex topics in a simple and crisp manner
- Bias for action and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to remove roadblocks
- Attention to detail and organized
- Experience with Business process improvement and operational execution to enhance team productivity
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 138,500.00 to 180,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Climate Leadership Council
Brennan Center for Justice