Hours: Full Time - 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
Brooklyn Community Services (BCS) was founded in 1866 and continues to help children and youth reach their full potential, strengthen families, and foster self-sufficiency in adults. Brooklyn Community Services is one of the oldest, not-for-profit, non-sectarian social service providers in New York City and one of the largest in Brooklyn.
Brooklyn Community Services (BCS) partners with Brooklyn residents providing support and opportunity as they strive to maximize their potential. BCS and its affiliates, Turning Point Brooklyn and Astella, offer participants more than 40 programs and services, including housing, at 27+ sites across Brooklyn. Our sites are located in Downtown Brooklyn, Bedford Stuyvesant, East New York, Brownsville, Fort Greene, Bushwick, Sunset Park, Red Hook, Flatbush and Coney Island. Our award-winning programs touch the lives of over 20,000 people every year.
The Development and Fundraising Associate leads the support of the External Relations and Advancement (ERA) office through gift processing, donor acknowledgements, data management and analysis, producing reports and project coordination related to fundraising, events, and donor relations.
- Manage BCS’s donor database and produce timely donor acknowledgement letters. Run reports as needed.
- Prepare gift batches; code and enter gifts into BCS’s constituent database (Raiser's Edge) following established protocols and utilize excellent judgment for proper gift coding.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the database, including training ERA team to properly utilize Raiser’s Edge.
- Work closely with the Deputy Director of Development and Chief External Relations and Advancement Officer to support stewardship and fundraising efforts, including preparing donor profiles for major donor portfolios and supporting grant proposal efforts.
- Conduct prospect research on potential funders, donors and companies; support writing of proposals or reports to funders.
- Provide profiles and reports for meetings and solicitations.
- Track renewal and campaign results and provide reports to conduct solicitation and follow-up.
- Maintain all original (including hard copy) donor files and records, including gift history, donor correspondence, grant award letters and contact reports and maintain effective filing so that information can be accessed and retrieved quickly and easily. Reconcile revenue with Finance team.
- With members of the ERA team, assist at ERA events, including set-up and breakdown, greeting guests, registration table and working with volunteers.
- Participate in and support the External Relations and Advancement activities and administration as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of development/fundraising experience
- Experience with Raiser's Edge is required. Experience with Blackbaud products Luminate, Online Express, Just Giving preferred.
- Excel and Word proficiency required; proficiency with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals, objectives and deadlines with flexibility to changing work assignments and priorities.
BCS requires that all employees entering the workplace be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an exemption is granted as a medical or religious accommodation.
How to apply:
When applying, include required cover letter and resume. TO APPLY CLICK HERE
BCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Mother Cabrini Health Foundation
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Supervisor Lindsey P. Horvath, Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors
Advanced Energy United