Who we are:
ACT | The App Association represents app makers and connected device companies in the mobile economy. Most of our members are small tech companies with passionate people who build apps or devices that make the world better, more fun, and more efficient. You may already have some of their apps on your phone. Our team is professional, collaborative, and effective, and we are the leading industry resource on a wide range of policy issues, from privacy and digital health to antitrust and intellectual property.
Who you are:
ACT | The App Association seeks an office assistant who is a problem-solver with excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail. You will help provide vital support for our team and processes. You should have some experience working in an office environment, performing administrative tasks, and supporting coworkers. You must be comfortable with multitasking, managing complex schedules, and meeting changing deadlines. You would report to the director of administration and would work in our Washington, DC, office.
- 1-3 years of administrative office experience
- 1-2 years of coordinating meetings and/or events both in-house and at external venues
- Proficiency in office applications and aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Familiarity with managing office equipment such as computers, copiers, and telephone systems
- Ability to interact professionally and independently with internal and external vendors, facilities personnel, and stakeholders, including public officials
- Experience arranging domestic travel for individuals and groups
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company information
- High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Experience in helping to develop internal processes and organizational systems
- Experience supporting executive-level management
- Experience arranging international travel
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods
- Manage the front desk and reception areas, serving as the first point of contact for guests, employees, job candidates, vendors, sponsors, and public officials.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as answering and directing phone calls, handling email and files, providing virtual and in-person meeting setup, managing mailings and deliveries, and coordinating meeting space calendars.
- Keep the office clean, stocked, and organized, especially the kitchen, conference room, copy room, storage closes, and communal areas.
- Order office supplies, stock the copy room and kitchen, and ensure that equipment is operable.
- Maintain equipment and hardware inventories.
- Provide support for events internally and on-site externally, including domestic travel arrangements.
- Provide ad hoc support to staff members and departments.
National Association of Chain Drug Stores
Israel Policy Forum
House Majority PAC
Charlotte Lozier Institute